Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My brow routine & How I maintain them!




Helllooo goorgggiess!!! 

I have been asked upon request by some of you awesome ladies to show you all my eyebrow routine!  I have also included how I groom and keep them maintained!  I just want to point this out there that this may not work for all of you, but it works for me.. (Well, duh! It's MY routine..HAHA.)  I have been doing this routine to my brows for a while now.  I have played with other brow shadows and such in the past and just wasn't interested in the outcome, I don't like the powdery finish it gives off after I apply it onto my brows, and I feel like brow shadows don't last as long as pencils do!  I know I can trust them nifty brow pencils to get the job done.  And the staying power of the pencils last a lot longer for me!  

I shaped my brows myself.  I grew them out, (which was a process alone and I looked like a hot mess by the way!) Than shaped them to how I wanted them. I knew I wanted an arch to my brow so I figure that out myself.  Which was super easy.  I just took my brow pencil and placed one end next to the tip of my nose and diagonally aligned it over my eye and the other end of the pencil hovered over my eyebrow.  Thats how I found my arch and just started plucking away!  Just be careful and be sure not to over pluck!! 
Lets get into this... Shall we!? :)



I took a quick picture to show you what my face looks like with one eyebrow done and one eyebrow not quite done.  I feel more put together, and not as "bald" when I fill in my brows. It has seriously become an important step in my makeup routine. 
Look at the BIG difference!!!
        


My grooming tools and things I need to get my brows up and running!

1. The orange thing is a mascara blocker, it blocks mascara from transferring onto your eyelid, but I don't use that part often, I use this tool for the comb that it has on the end! (it's great for the trimming process, but any thin tooth comb will do!)
2. Trimming scissors
3. Tweezers
4. Pencil Sharpener
5. Q-tips
           

I use two brushes.  Both of these brushes are BH Cosmetic brushes. I use the spooly brush, and I use a small angled brush.
I use the spooly to blend the product into the brow, so it has more of a natural and realistic look.
I use the small angled brush to blend the highlight color into the brow bone.   

On to the brow products!
   

 This is the Wet n Wild brow pencil in "Mink Brown"
Can you believe I got this pencil for 99 cents!
The formula in this brow pencil is seriously phenomenal! Glides on so easy and the pigment in the pencil is amazing! I love trying out different brow pencils.  Another favorite of mine is the BH Cosmetics brow pencil in Dark Brown. 

 To highlight my brow bone I have been using the NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Yogurt"
I absolutely love this jumbo stick! I use it for almost everything! Definitely a favorite! 

I have this NYC brow kit in "Brunette"
The kit comes with a mini brush, wax, and a brow shadow.  I don't use the brow shadow much, but I love the wax to set my eyebrows in place. 
                           




 Brow Maintenance!

I start off by plucking any excess hairs that might just be laying around trying to find itself a home.
Sorry, but you just can't stay here. :P 
I pluck every other day or when I see a few trying to hang out.


This is where the comb and trimming scissors come in and I just start trimming away any long hairs. I tend to do this every other week or so.



 I take the spooly and comb all the hairs in place. I comb in the direction my brow hair grows in.

 Sharpen that brow pencil, girl!!
I like to make sure I start with a sharpen brow pencil.  It helps control the pencil, and give more of a precise line when doing the outline.

Brow Routine! 

I start off with outlining my brow shape. 

 As you can see, I bring the brow pencil line past my brow hair and more towards the center.  

I fill in my brows, when I fill them in I start at the tail of my brow and work my way toward the beginning of the brow.  Also, fill in the brow in the exact direction your hair grows in.  It helps with the blending and making the brow look more realistic. 



 The closer I got to the beginnig of my brow, the lighter I let up on the pencil.  Once I reach toward the beginning of the brow I didn't  fill it in.
The brow will look something like this!


I take my spooly and start brushing against the direction the brow grows in.  This helps give it a lighter gradient affect at the start of your brow, and than blends into a darker state the more you go towards the end of the brow.

 I take the spooly and than start blending the rest of the brow where it has been filled in.  You are going to want to brush in the direction the hair is growing in.

 Take the q-tip and align it with your nose and go up.  This cleans up any excess pencil marks.

 Clean up the outline of the brow, if it is necessary.

 Take the NYX Jumbo Stick and apply that on the brow bone.

 Take the angled brush and start blending the shadow stick.  When you blend, blend away from your eyebrow to avoid any smearing.

 Take the brush from the brow kit and use the wax from the brow kit.  Brush the wax on brows.

 Take the spooly and blend the wax into the brow, for extra hold and to make sure them eyebrows ain't going no where!!

 Complete brow look!
(YAY, got eyebrows now!)

 Ta-daaa!! :D

Love how my brows turn out every time!! (& I may take too many selfies!) Bahahaha! :D

See how simple that was!  I love it and swear by it everyday I apply makeup.  If you are interested in seeing the whole routine in action, than I will link the video below!! :)

Click HERE to watch my brow routine!!!

Later gorrgggiess!!! 

xx <3 




2 comments:

  1. I'm not brave enough to do something so bold to my eyebrows, but thanks for the tutorial :)

    Your natural brow in the first picture looks good! You could totally get away with not penciling them in if you ever wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete